Aris Allen - Mary Jane with Faux Lizard Accents
Call for availability
- These are an exact copy of a 1920s Swing-Era dance shoe and have a raw leather sole.
- The footbed is made from soft foam and they also come with an extra insole that's made from thick foam so you can custom fit them to your feet.
- Important: Most Mary Janes that are not made for dancing have very low straps that you do not need to tighten securely. These are made for dancing so the strap is very high on the foot and works best when the strap starts snug against the ankle. First: put the extra insoles inside them. Second: securely tighten the strap around your ankle. Third: stand up to see if the strap is fastened tight enough. (See below for sizing tips).
- It looks like a high heel but, depending on the size, the heels only measure between 2.5" and 2.7" at the back. During testing by dancers so many women said "I don't wear heels!" then, when we talked them into trying them, came back off the dance floor muttering about how they were in love with them and how they didn't feel as high as they looked.
- The motif on the heel and toe of this shoe is taken from the neoclassical architecture device known as egg-and-dart which you'll now notice as you walk around cities with 100+ year old buildings.
- Aris Allen is known for making vintage style swing dance shoes and reproduction models that are more authentic equipment for dancing swing than ordinary ballroom shoes are. Their philosophy being that your dancing will look more authentic if you wear the same style of shoes the inventors of the dance were wearing.
- Please check the sizing recommendations before placing your order.
- Item #: 487-BK, 487-RD
- The heels are approximately 2.6 inches (6.6 cm) tall and the base of the heel is 1.1" inch (2.8 cm) wide.